Simon’s Bookcase occasionally accepts books for review, Please read the following guidelines if you would like Simon to review your book.
In the first instance, please ensure your book adheres to the below criteria:
- Physical format only – hardback or paperback accepted.
- ARC versions must be printed and bound as per the intended final product (but may bear ARC markings).
- Self-published titles welcome.
- Series: first instalments (or full series) only.
- Genres of interest: general fiction, Christian fiction, thriller, crime fiction, suspense/mystery, comedy, parody, topical fiction, some light fantasy and some YA.
- Genres not generally accepted: horror, romance, non-fiction although considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Simon’s Bookcase particularly commends authors who do something different. Therefore, if your book is breaking the mould, it’s more likely to be requested and reviewed well. Please make this clear, regardless of genre.
To submit your title for review, email email@example.com with the name, author and a brief synopsis of your book. Accepted titles will be allocated a tentative review date by return. The following notes apply:
- No cash will be offered nor accepted for reviews.
- Submitted reviews will be scheduled as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to review books before their publish date, where applicable. Please allow 4 weeks as a minimum.
- There is very little flexibility in November, December and January.
- Review copies will not be returned.
- Reviews carry a 1 to 5 star rating, cover image and comments from the reviewer.
- All reviews are cross-posted to Goodreads.
- The author/representative who requested the review will receive a copy of the review by email at the time of posting. No advance versions are offered.
- Reviews on books provided by the author/publisher will carry a disclaimer.
Simon’s Bookcase supports the Goodreads First Reads program. Any books selected by Simon’s Bookcase for review and which are allocated will be reviewed on Goodreads. Where deemed appropriate and at our discretion, they may also be posted on Simon’s Bookcase.